Taking the Big Step Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Brown with Red-Red and Black icing colors for brown shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 200.
- Easy-Add Performance Pans™ Square Pan Set Add to shopping list Performance Pans™ Square Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 20 x 20 x 1/2 in. foamcore or plywood board
In advance: Tint 72 oz. fondant brown; cover base board. Tint 96 oz. fondant ivory. Reserve 72 oz. for cake panels. Add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex to 24 oz. ivory fondant; roll out into a 20 x 10 in. rectangle. Imprint design using Fondant Imprint Mat. Make 18-loop top bow using 1 x 9 1/2 in. imprinted strips.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth with Chocolate Buttercream. Prepare for Stacked Construction and position on fondant-covered base board.
Roll out remaining ivory fondant 3/16 in. thick. Place on Imprint Mat and roll over once to imprint design. Cut two 4 1/2 x 20 in. strips and two 4 1/2 x 23 in. strips. Position 23 in. strips on opposite sides, matching ends on top of cake, then position two remaining strips.
Roll out 24 oz. white fondant into a 5 x 20 in. rectangle, 3/16 in. thick. Cut eight 1/2 x 20 in. strips and position on cake sides about 1/2 in. away from edges of ivory fondant strips. Using tip 1 and thinned royal icing tinted brown, outline and fill in imprints on side strips and bow. Position bow on cake top. Use buttercream to pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders.