Taking That Big Step Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Daffodil Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Daffodil Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Sugar Pearls Sprinkles Add to shopping list Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 82.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Clay Topper Add to shopping list Clay Topper
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 12 x 12 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 thick)
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance: Make flowers. Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 3 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Use cutters from set to cut 10 pansies, 20 apple blossoms and 10 forget-me-nots; make extras to allow for breakage. Cup flowers on thick foam using rounded end of wooden modeling tool. Use thinned fondant adhesive to attach Sugar Pearl to center. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Brush flowers with Pearl Dust.
Cover base board with 21 oz. white fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare and cover with 108 oz. tinted rolled fondant.
Prepare for Stacked Construction.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders. Attach flowers with tip 2 icing dots, using larger flowers at the top, smaller flowers at the bottom.
At reception: Position ornament.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Daffodil Yellow for yellow shown.
**The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.
†Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.