Take a Bow Cake
It's fun to match the cake to the celebration! This cake can be decorated in any color scheme. With a pretty bow on top, this cake is all wrapped up and ready to party in easy-to-use fondant. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe or 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother optionalEasy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Cake Dividing Set optionalEasy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Paring Knife
- Tissue paper
Several days before decorating cake, make fondant bow. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex each to pink, blue and green fondant from Multi Pack.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Make 4 pink, 3 green and 2 blue bow strips using zigzag cutting wheels and 1/2 in. spacers from Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set.
Cut 1 green strip approximately 4-1/2 in. long, cut the remaining strips approximately 6-1/2 in. long.
Shape center and loops, sealing ends, if necessary, with a little water; trim off corners of bow loops to form an outward "V" shape.
Allow loops to dry on cornstarch dusted surface, supporting with crushed tissue inside. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool a 2-layer 8-inch round cake. Stack cooled cake layers on foil-covered cake board. Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Reserve 2 in. ball of white fondant for stars; tint remaining fondant yellow. Cover cake in yellow rolled fondant; smooth.
Roll out reserved pink, blue and green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 in. long ribbon strips, using Ribbon Cutter/Embosser wheels as for loops. Divide cake into 8ths; attach strips at cake divisions with damp brush. Trim off excess.
Roll out reserved white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using smallest star cut-out, cut stars. Attach between ribbon strips with damp brush.
Attach bow loops to cake top with fondant adhesive. Attach center loop with fondant adhesive. Allow to dry.