Swimmingly Sensational Easter Egg
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
Orange Candy Melts® Candy (1/2 oz. needed)Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Pure Lemon Extract Add to shopping list Pure Lemon Extract
Each egg serves one
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- small craft knife
- 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set (veining tool used)Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Plastic ruler
Step 1Color egg orange; let set.
Step 2Tint a 1 oz. ball of fondant rose. Add 1/4 teaspoon gum tex to fondant. Roll 1/8 in. thickness and use medium leaf Cut-Out to cut tail; cut off 1/4 in. at wide end of tail and cut a “V” shape out of back end of tail. Use medium leaf Cut-Out to cut top fin; trim 1/4 in. off bottom of fin and cut “V” shaped trim off back of top fin. Shape to give waving motion to fin. Use small leaf Cut-Out to cut two small side fins. Flip over one; shape fins and curve to fit side of fish.
Step 3Use veining tool from set to imprint lines on tail, to and side fins.
Step 4Attach fins and tail and candy eyeballs to egg with melted orange candy.
Step 5Roll a 1/2 in. ball of rose fondant, cut in half and shape for lips on fish; attach with melted orange candy.
Step 6Paint tail and fins with orchid pink Pearl Dust/lemon extract mixture. Let dry.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more