Sweets for the Sweet Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- granulated sugar
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add 2005 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2005 Pattern Book
In advance: Make the fondant candies; (make extras to allow for breakage).
For 48 spice drops, shape various neon and primary colors of fondant into 3/4 x 5/8 in. rounded cones. Brush with water, roll in granulated sugar.
For 22 assorted wrapped candies, see instructions below.
For 3 lollipops, make multi-colored ropes using 2 primary or neon logs between 1 white log; roll logs 24 x 1/4 in. diameter. Coil completed rope into a spiral. Insert stick. Let all pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes and prepare for stacked construction.
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing in buttercream; cover cakes with fondant and smooth with Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother.
For cake base, tint 24 oz. of white fondant with Golden Yellow/Lemon Yellow combination; cover 14 in. cake circle with yellow fondant.
Using Cake Dividing Set, divide 10 in. layer into 10ths and 6 in. layer into 6ths. Assemble cakes on base. For swags, make multi-colored ropes using 1 white log and one primary or neon log, each 3/8 in. diameter.
Cut into 4 1/4 in. lengths for 10 in. tier and 4 in. lengths for 6 in. tier. Attach swags between division marks using thinned fondant.
Roll a 1/4 in. diameter white log for each bottom border and attach with damp brush.
Attach 3 spice drops at division marks with
thinned fondant and tip 2.
Add a small amount of Gum-Tex to red fondant, cut message using alphabet Cut-Outs and attach to cakes with damp brush. Position wrapped candies. Insert lollipops into cake top.