Sweet as a Rose Cake
A large, beautiful rose tops a gorgeous pink-striped cake, perfect for Mother’s Day, showers and a girl’s birthday. Our Sugar Sheets! Lace Border Cutting Insert and Light Pink Sugar Sheets! let you create the memorable rose.
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Lace Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Lace Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
Bake and cool two-layer cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice smooth with white buttercream.
Using Rotary Cutter, cut 22 strips, 4 in. long x 1/4 in. wide, from Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Position on the side of the cake, 5/8 in. apart.
Using border punch with Lace Border Cutting Insert, cut four pieces, 10 1/4 in. long x 1 in. wide, from Light Green Sugar Sheets! Using piping gel, attach to the top and bottom border of the cake. Line the low point of the scallops with the pink strips.
For the flower, use border punch with Lace Border Cutting Insert to cut eight strips, 10 1/4 in. long x 1 1/4 in. wide, from Light Pink Sugar Sheets. Form flower on cake top using Ribbon Rose technique.