Sweet Salvation Cross Cake
The solemnity of a simple cross cake is perfect for First Communions, christenings, Confirmations and may holy occasions. The Sugar Sheets! Flower Chain Boarder Cu adds sweet embellishments to the décor.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Cross Pan Add to shopping list Cross Pan
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Craft knife
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Lace Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Lace Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
In advance, prepare base board. Use pan as a guide, position on cake board, trace around board with pencil. Cut shape and cover with Fanci-Foil Wrap.
Bake and cool cake.
Tint 48 oz. of fondant light rose, roll out 1/8 in. thick. Tint 12 oz. of the remaining fondant dark pink, set aside. Cover cake with light rose fondant.
Roll out the remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut one strip, 12 1/2 long x 2 1/4 wide. Punch both long sides using Lace Border Cutting Inset. Also, cut one strip, 9 in. long x 2 1/4 in. wide. Punch both long sides Lace Border Cutting Insert.
Roll out dark pink fondant, 1/8 in. thick. Cut six strips, 4 in. long x 1 1/2 in. wide strips. Punch each strip using the Flower Chains Border Cutting Insert.
Cut 9 in. long white fondant strip in half.
Attach the 12 1/2 in. long white strip to the tops of the cake in a vertical shape using brush and piping gel. Use cross as a guide.
Attach the two white fondant strips (4 1/2 in. long) to the sides of vertical strips following cross as guide.
Attach the dark pink flower chains on top of white strips with brush and piping gel.
Roll out the remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut one strip, 18 in. long x 7/8 in. wide. Cut two strips, 12 in. long x 7/8 in. wide. Cut one strip , 10 in. long x 7/8 in. wide x strip.
Use Lace Bordering Cutting Insert to cut one side of each strip. Attach strips to bottom border of cake with brush and piping gel.
Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut circle from large Layered Circle Cutting Insert. Attach circle to center of cross with brush and piping gel.
Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use the Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert to cut out 17 small dots. Attach one white dot to the center of each dark pink flowers with brush and piping gel.
Use a dry brush to apply white Pearl Dust to the white fondant.