Sweet Dreams Cake
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Crown Pan Add to shopping list Crown Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 125 Add to shopping list Tip: 125
- Easy-Add Tip: 127D Add to shopping list Tip: 127D
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
- Paring Knife
In advance: Add 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex to 12 oz. of fondant. Tint 1 1/2 in. ball of fondant copper (skin tone). Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut entire pattern.
Cut additional individual pattern pieces for hood side, blanket area and cradle band.
Cut head and roll small ball nose from copper (skin tone) fondant and attach to fondant pattern base with damp brush. Let dry for 48 hours.
Use tip 5 and royal icing to pipe 5 teardrop flowers with tip 5 dot centers; let dry.
Bake and cool crown cake and 2 mini loaf cakes. Stack loaves and trim to same height as crown cake. Position loaves where fondant pieces will be placed and trim cake board to fit shape; cover with foil wrap.
Position crown cake upside down and mini loaf cakes top area of cradle on board and ice sides smooth with buttercream icing.
Outline cradle with tip 3 and cover with tip 16 stars. Pipe 2 rows of 127D ruffles on bottom of cradle Pipe tip 3 dots on ruffles and tip 14 zigzags on top edge of garland.
To make scallops for opening of cradle hood, roll fondant 1/8 in. and use back of tip 3 to cut circles.
Cut circles in half and attach to top of cradle hood with icing. Pipe tip 125 swags on side of cradle and attach teardrop flowers at points of draping and top of hood.
Draw facial features on face with FoodWriter and add a small ball on fondant for nose. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom border.