15 pc. Cake and Tr…
Surprise Packages Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Teal Icing Color Add to shopping list Teal Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set Add to shopping list 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2B Add to shopping list Tip: 2B
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Star Cut-Outs™ (small and medium used)Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Cotton Balls
In advance, make gum paste trims. Tint gum paste as follows: 3 oz. light green, 14 oz. light rose, 5 oz. medium teal.
To make green bow, roll green gum paste 1/16 in. thick (using pink spacers on rolling pin) by 1 1/2 in. wide. Cut into two 6 in. strips; pinch short ends together and lay on side on cornstarch-covered board to dry. Reserve green gum paste for knot. When bow loops are completely dry, cut 1 strips 3 in. long x 1 1/2 in. wide and wrap around ends of bow and attach with damp brush.
For light rose bow: Roll light rose gum paste 1/16 in. thick and cut 15 to 18 strips measuring 8 in. long x 1 in. wide. Pinch short ends together and let dry on cornstarch-covered board.
For teal curlicues: Roll teal fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut into 1/4 wide strips with lengths varying from 10 to 12 in. long. Wrap strips around dowel rod to curl and gently slide off. Separate curls and let drive on cornstarch-covered board. Continue making curlicues until all teal gum paste is used.
Tint fondant as follows: Tint 1/2 package violet with a small amount of rose, 1/4 package same shade of teal as curlicues, 1/2 package light rose to match bow, 1/2 package medium rose, 1/2 package medium green. Keep covered until ready to use.
Bake cakes as follows: 8 in. square (two, 2 in. layers and one, 1 in. layer); 10 in. square (two, 2 in. layers); 12 in. square (two, 1 1/2 in. layers); 8 x3 in. round (one layer). Let cool. Ice cakes smooth with buttercream. To achieve shade for 12 in. square cake, mix equal parts of Violet and Royal Blue Icing Colors.
For 8 in. cakes: Prepare for stacked construction. Cover top and sides on 1 in. layer cake with medium rose fondant. Roll out strips of light rose fondant and cut 1/4 in. wide and 3/4 in. wide; attach alternating sizes to cake side. Pipe tip 5 dots on 3/4 in. wide strips (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
For 10 in cakes: Cut 1 in. wide teal fondant strips for package bow; attach to iced cake. Use tip 3 and teal icing to pipe swirls on cake.
For 12 in. cake: Cut 1 in. wide violet fondant strips to fit for ribbons on two sides of cake; attach. Cut small and mediums stars with cut-outs and randomly position on cake.
For 8 in. round: Cover top of cake with medium green fondant. Cut a 3/4 in strip of medium green fondant to fit around top edge of cake. Cut 1 in. medium green circles using large open side of large tip (either 1M, 2A or 2B). Position on cake. Place 8 in. round on 12 in. square cake. Position bows and curlicues on top of cakes. Place cakes on stand.