Supreme Swirls Cake
Decorating takes a delightful turn! Use our Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set and Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set to imprint designs that can be flushed out with piped icing.
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set Add to shopping list Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 15 in. Square double-thick corrugated cardboard
Ice 2-layer cake smooth. Mark top of cake, 1/4 in. from top edge. Imprint large side of closed scroll, starting at the 6 in. mark (center) on each side.
Imprint design on each side of first scroll. After all four top sides are marked, use large c-scroll to imprint corner designs on angle.
Use large side of closed scroll to imprint 5 designs on cake sides. Use large c-scroll to imprint designs beneath large closed scroll on cake sides.
Imprint message using Italic Make-Any Message Press.
Outline message with tip 13.
To make designs on cake board, lightly pipe tip 13 outline in icing on back of large c-scroll for centers and medium c-scroll for corners; imprint scrolls on board leaving slight icing imprint to be overpiped later.
Pipe tip 16 shell bottom border.
For scrolls on cake top, outline scrolls with tip 18 zigzags; overpipe with tip 18, then tip 16 and finally tip 13.
For scrolls on top of cake sides, repeat procedure as on cake top.
For scrolls on bottom of cake sides and cake board scrolls, outline with tip 16 and them tip 13.