Sunshine Stems Cake
Just as your favorite vase makes flowers look ever prettier, the elegant white fondant backdrop brings out the beauty of this floral cake.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 15.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Prepare 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. layers to create a 3 in. high cake) for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Tint 48 oz. white fondant yellow. Cover cake and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother, reserving excess fondant. Roll out remaining white fondant and cut an 8 in. square; reserve excess fondant. Pull out edges of square between your finger and thumb to create frayed look. Attach to cake top with damp brush.
Combine 1 in. balls of pink, orange and purple fondant with 1 in. balls of white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using large Cut-Out, cut 1 flower in each color for cake top. Using smallest Cut-Out, cut 5 flowers each in yellow, pink, orange and purple for cake sides; set aside. Cut a small white flower for center of each large flower; attach with damp brush. Using black FoodWriter, outline large flowers and draw flower center lines on all small flowers. Roll 1/8 in. yellow balls for flower centers and attach with damp brush. For leaves and vines, tint a 2 in. ball of white fondant green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut one 1/8 x 4 1/2 in. stem, two 1/8 x 3 in. stems and 11 leaves for cake top using medium Cut-Out. Reserve remainder of green for bottom border. Outline leaves and draw center line on stems with black FoodWriter. Attach to cake with damp brush. For cake sides, cut a 1 in. wide white band and attach with damp brush. Cut 1/8 in. wide green vines and attach with damp brush. Attach small flowers with damp brush. Using smallest Cut-Out, cut 35 leaves and attach with damp brush.