Sunbeam Blossoms Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (24 ounces makes 6-8 mini cakes)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugars Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugars
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Plastic ruler
In advance: Make flowers and leaves.
For each flower, tint a 1 1/2 in. ball of fondant yellow, peach or rose; add 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/16 in. thick; cut 2 daisies for each flower using largest Cut-Out. Place daisies on thin foam dusted with cornstarch. Shape petals with large dogbone tool, lightly pressing with tool from tip to center of petals. Turn daisies over and move to thick foam. Brush center with water. Position second daisy on top of first, positioning so petals are staggered. Cup center with large ball tool. Let dry in Flower Forming Cup dusted with cornstarch.
For centers, roll a 3/8 in. ball of yellow fondant; flatten slightly, brush top with water and dip in yellow sugar. Attach inside flower with water. Let dry.
For leaves, tint a 1 1/2 in. ball green and mix with 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut out 1 leaf for each flower using medium Cut-Out. Place on thin foam. Imprint center vein with small veining tool. Pinch bottom of leaf slightly to shape and place in Flower Forming Cup to dry.
Trim lollipop sticks to 5 in. and attach flower and leaf with thinned fondant adhesive; let dry.
Bake 1 1/2 in. high sheet cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Cut into 2 in. squares. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Tint fondant green; cover cakes and smooth with Fondant Smoother.
For grass, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 2 x 8 in. strip for top layer; cut triangle-shaped blades on edge with scissors. Brush strips with water and attach to cake sides. Repeat for bottom layer, using a 1 x 8 in. strip. Insert flower.