Summer Sunglasses Mini Cake
Have more fun in the sun with cool-looking summer sunglasses cakes. Bake them in our 6-Cavity Summer Cake Pan, and ice them with smooth poured buttercream icing. Fondant cutout flowers add a fun finishing touch.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6-Cavity Summer Mini Cake Pan Add to shopping list 6-Cavity Summer Mini Cake Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
Tint buttercream icing. Tint portions sky blue, pink and green. Tint a portion black. Reserve some white. Tint fondant pink.
Bake and cool cakes. Place cakes on cooling grid over waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
Heat blue buttercream icing to thin for pouring. Use tip 4 to pour buttercream over frame areas of cakes, allowing icing to flow down sides of cake. Tap lightly to smooth icing and let set.
Use tip 4 to fill in lens areas with thinned black icing. Let set.
Make fondant flowers: Using smallest flower cutter, cut 2 flowers for each cake. Attach to cakes with dots of icing.
Pipe tip 4 dots in green buttercream in flower centers and along top edge of sunglasses.
* Combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow for green shown.