Summer Campout Mini Cakes
Nothing says summer like sleeping under the stars! These sweet mini cakes and sugar ice cream cone trees are fantastic to serve at camps, birthday parties and scout meetings. The Wilton Mini Loaf Pan is the base of the sleeping bags!
Sugar ice cream cone
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
Violet Icing Color (Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red for red shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Orange Icing Color (Combine Orange and Red-Red for orange shown)Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Brown Icing Color (Combine Black, Brown and Orange for black shown)Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Golden Yellow Icing Color (Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown)Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Each treat serves 1
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 4-Cavity Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list 4-Cavity Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant Trimmer Add to shopping list Fondant Trimmer
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Resealable plastic bag
- Serving Plate
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
24 hours in advance: Make trees. Cut ice cream cones different heights. Prepare royal icing and tint green. Starting at the bottom and working up to the point, pipe pull-out stars on cones using tip 16 and royal icing for branches. Let dry.
Bake mini cakes and cool completely. Cut each in half horizontally; prepare for fondant covering.
Tint 4 oz. fondant: blue, violet, red and orange. Roll each 1/8 in. thick and cover mini cakes. Roll out remaining colored fondant to cover figures after molding.
From natural colors fondant, roll out 1 oz. log, 1 1/4 in. wide x 2 1/2 in. long x 3/4 in. thick for body. Roll skin tone fondant ball 1 1/4 in. dia. for head. Position on cake and cover with colored fondant. Brush underside of edges with damp brush to secure.
Attach small balls of skin tone fondant for noses.
Prepare buttercream icing and tint portions black and yellow. Pipe eyes and mouth with tip 2 and black icing. Pipe hair with tip 3 and either black or yellow icing.
Tint coconut green, sprinkle on plate and position trees and sleeping bags.