Sub-Tropical SpongeBob Mini Cake
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Primary Candy Colors Set (orange and blue)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- granulated sugar
- Spearmint leaves
Mini Cakes serve 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add SpongeBob SquarePants™ Party Topper Add to shopping list SpongeBob SquarePants™ Party Topper
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Waxed paper
In advance: Pipe candy door, window and smokestack. Tint 2 oz. candy blue. Trace patterns and tape to board; cover with waxed paper. Pipe basic shapes using melted candy in cut parchment bag; tap to settle candy, refrigerate to set. Overpipe window center, wheel and smokestack details. Let set.
Bake and cool 1 in. high sheet cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake (1 cake makes 10 treats). Place football cutter from set upside down on cake top; use knife to cut around outside of cutter. Make pineapple shape by trimming bottom straight and top round. Place cakes on cooling grid set over pan. Tint 10 oz. candy orange. Cover cakes with melted candy; tap to settle candy, refrigerate until set. Tint 2 oz. candy dark orange. Use cut parchment bag to pipe lines and dots. Let set. Cut spearmint leaves in half lengthwise. Roll out on waxed paper sprinkled with sugar; cut leaves in assorted lengths. Attach door, window, smokestack and leaves with melted candy; let set. Position SpongeBob topper.