Steal Home Cake
A great rookie year! It's his first season celebration and you're going to hit it out of the park! Topping the lineup, baby's out of uniform and giving high fives all around on a simple star-topped cake.
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Baseball Mitt Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Baseball Mitt Icing Decorations
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
In advance: Make fondant cap. Mix 8 oz. fondant with 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex; tint half blue; reserve remainder. Roll out blue 1/8 in. thick. Using patterns, cut cap and brim. Curve brim slightly and stand on end to dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Roll a 1/2 in. diameter ball, flatten slightly and attach to top of cap with damp brush. Let dry.
Also: Make hands. Tint reserved fondant mixture light copper. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and use pattern to cut right hand; flip pattern and cut left hand. Let dry.
And: Make toes and ears. Roll 2 balls 3/4 in. diameter for big toes, 6 balls 1/2 in. diameter for middle toes, 2 balls 1/4 diameter for small toes. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8?in. thick. Cut ear using wide end of tip 1A; cut in half. Attach 2 lollipop sticks to each hand and 1 to each ear with Thinned Fondant Adhesive, leaving 2 1/2 in. extended.
Bake and cool cake; cut off ears. Ice sides and face area smooth to level. Insert hands and ears in cake.
Using tip 3 outline all sections and details. Pipe in eyes (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Fill in remaining areas with tip 16 stars; overpipe wrists, feet, and nose for dimension. Attach toes with dots of icing. Pipe tip 3 outline bellybutton and patch number. Add tip 16 pull-out star bottom border. Attach icing decorations. Position cap and attach brim with icing.