Starting Out On Top! Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 48.
- Easy-Add #1 Pan Add to shopping list #1 Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Heating Core Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Heating Core
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Alphabet Candy Mold Add to shopping list Alphabet Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Baby Face Topper Add to shopping list Baby Face Topper
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant "Happy Birthday." Mix 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 8 oz. fondant; tint blue. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut out letters using alphabet cutters from 101 Cutters Set. Let set at least 1 hour. Turn over and set flat on waxed paper-covered board. Roll out remaining blue fondant 1/4 in. thick. Cut 13 circles using smallest Cut-Out; attach a circle to the back of each letter using damp brush. Cut lollipop sticks to 3 in. long. Dip end in water and push into circle at right angle to letter. Shape circle fondant around stick for support. Let dry.
Also: Make candy plaque. Use Number 1 pan, filling just the recessed number area with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm; unmold; return to room temperature. Roll out remaining blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use smallest Cut-Out to cut circles; attach around edge of plaque with melted candy. Tint 6 oz. fondant violet. Press into Alphabet Candy Mold dusted with cornstarch to make name letters. Unmold; use knife to trim and smooth edges. Reserve leftover fondant. Attach name letters to candy plaque with melted candy. Store out of direct sunlight to prevent fading.
And: Make baby's hat. Tint 6 oz. fondant yellow; roll out a small amount 3/16 in. thick; reserve remainder. Cut a 1 1/2 x 2 in. high triangle with knife. Trim curve at base to fit on baby's head; reserve leftover fondant. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Bake and cool 1-layer 14 in. cake and 2-layer 10 in. cake. Ice smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction on cake base. Tint 6 oz. portions of fondant green and rose; use remaining violet. Roll out colors 1/8 in. thick. Use medium Cut-Out to cut 6 circles in each color. Attach to sides of 10 in. cake; use extra icing if needed. Use Cutter/Embosser Set to make 9-10 strips in yellow, green and violet for side of 14 in. cake. Cut yellow using 2 wavy cutting wheels with 1/3 in. spacer. Cut green using 2 zigzag cutting wheels with 1/4 in. spacer. Cut violet using 2 straight cutting wheels with 2 beaded embossing wheels. Attach to cake sides, about 1 in. apart; use extra icing if needed. Pipe tip 5 ball bottom border on both cakes. Attach hat to baby topper with fondant adhesive. Use icing to pipe tip 2 pull-out dot fringe and pompom. Use melted candy to attach 2 plastic dowel rods to back of candy plaque, leaving 6 in. exposed at bottom; let set. Insert letters on sides of 10 in. cake, set about 1 in. away from cake side. At Party: Insert candy plaque and position baby topper.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.