Stars & Stripes Celebration Cake
Go patriotic with this cake, created with Wilton Star Pan. Serve during Flag Day, July 4th, Memorial Day and Labor Day celebrations.
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Star Pan Add to shopping list Star Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
Bake and cool cake completely. Position on a foil-wrapped cake board cut to pan shape.
Prepare icing and tint 1/2 cup blue and 3/4 cup red; reserve 3 1/4 cups white (thin 1 3/4 cups with 1 teaspoon light corn syrup). Ice cake sides smooth and lightly ice cake top with thinned white icing and spatula.
Using toothpick, mark 7/8 in. wide striped areas and blue field on cake top.
Pipe stars with tip 18: use red icing in red stripe areas, white icing in white stripe areas.
Fill in blue field with stars using tip 18 and blue icing. Use tip 18 and white icing to pipe stars on blue background.
Use tip 21 and white icing to pipe star bottom border.