Star of the Season Cookie
A star is born! This happy face character features a cookie coated with poured on royal icing. The fondant trims give him personality!
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Holiday Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Holiday Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cookies. Place cookies on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet. Thin down yellow royal icing with water and pour over cookies; let dry.
Tint portions of fondant red, yellow, rose and black. Roll out red fondant 1 in. wider than point; mold over one point of star and cut excess into triangle. With small portions of white fondant, roll into ball and attach to point of hat. Roll 1/4 in. strip for brim; attach with water. With end of paintbrush, make imprint texture on brim.
Roll fondant and cut eyes and cheeks with small opening end of tip 12 and nose with small opening of tip 9 and tip 6 for pupils. Cut mouth 3/4 in. wide and 3/8 in. deep. Cut tongue from tip 9 small opening and indent; position in mouth with damp brush.
*Note: Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown.