Standing Up For Their Country Cupcakes & Cookies
Playfully present patriotic figures on top of star-splashed cupcakes. Add black licorice appendages and spice-drop feet and hands to cookies shaped with the smallest star cutter in the 101 Cookie Cutters Set.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Patriotic Mix Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Patriotic Mix Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
White and black spice drops
Each Cupcake or Cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add 6-Cup Standard Muffin Pan Add to shopping list 6-Cup Standard Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Patriotic Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Patriotic Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare dough, roll out and cut using smallest star cutter from set. Bake and cool. Cover with thinned royal icing (link to technique on p. 128); let dry overnight.
Use tip 3 and royal icing to pipe dot eyes, noses and pupils, outline mouths. For each cookie, cut four 1 1/4 in. pieces of black licorice and attach to backs of stars for arms and legs with melted candy; let set.
On waxed paper sprinkled with sugar, roll out white spice drops 1/8 thick, black spice drops 1/4 in. thick. Cut into hand and shoe shapes with knife. Insert into licorice arms and legs. Cut uncooked spaghetti into 2 1/2 in. lengths and attach to backs of legs for support with melted candy, leaving 1 1/4 in. open on one end to insert into cupcakes; let set.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth with spatula and add sprinkles. Insert cookies.
* Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red for red shown.