Stained Glass Solemnity Cake
Tinted Piping Gel gives this cake its realistic shimmer and shine. It’s one holiday design that’s sure to earn high praise from family and friends!
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
Make 4 cups buttercream icing:
•Tint 1/2 cup black
• Reserve 3 1/2 cups white
Make 1/4 cup white royal icing
Use 1 1/4 cups of piping gel:
•Tint 1/4 cup yellow
• Tint 1/4 cup blue
•Tint 1/4 cup pink
• Tint 1/4 cup green
•Tint 1/4 cup violet
In Advance: Bake and cool cookie using Roll-Out Cookie recipe and largest circle cutter in 101 Cookie Cutter Set. Ice cookie smooth in white royal icing. Let set.
Decorate in Order:
1. Ice cake smooth in white buttercream icing.
2. Using black buttercream icing, pipe tip 3 outlines for stained glass pattern on cake and cookie.
3. Using yellow, pink, violet, blue and green piping gels in cut parchment bags, fill in stained glass areas.
4. Using white buttercream icing, pipe tip 3 bead border on top edge of cake.
5. Using white buttercream icing, pipe tip 21 shell bottom border.
6. Position cookie on cake top.