Squirmy Wormy Pumpkin Cake
Decorate your own Medusa-like cake using the Wilton Jack-O’-Lantern Cake Pan. It’s sure to be a delightful fright at Halloween parties!
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Lemon Yellow Icing Color (Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown)Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Black Decorating Gel
Square Candy Coated Gum
Red Decorating Gel
Red shoestring licorice
Gummy worm candy
- Easy-Add Jack-O-Lantern Cake Pan with Flutes Add to shopping list Jack-O-Lantern Cake Pan with Flutes
- Easy-Add 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add 9 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
Bake and cool cake according to pan directions. Place on a foil-wrapped cake board cut to pan shape.
Prepare buttercream icing. Tint portions gray, green and black; leave some white. Ice pumpkin and inside of eyes, mouth and nose cavities with spatula and gray icing.
Pipe black decorating gel in eyes, nose and mouth cavities; brush smooth. Insert gum into mouth.
For eyes, pipe ball, 1 1/4 in. dia., with tip 2A and white icing. Pipe irises with tip 2 and green icing; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe pupils with tip 2 and black icing; pat smooth.
For eyelashes, cut black shoestring licorice 3/4 in. to 1 in. long. Attach around eye cavities with gray icing. Use red decorating gel for veins and blood.
For worms’ tongues, cut red shoestring licorice into 1/4 in. pieces; cut small “V” on one end. Cut a small slit into head of worm; insert tongue. Position worms on top of cake. Pipe dot eyes on worms with tip 1 and black icing.