Get creative! Instead of using a platter, use your spritz cookies to build a snowman! Simply arrange your cookies on a snowman- shaped board then dress him up with colorful fondant details.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list White Nonpareils Sprinkles
Chocolate nougat candies
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cookie Pro™ Ultra II Deluxe Cookie Press Add to shopping list Cookie Pro™ Ultra II Deluxe Cookie Press
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- 18 x 12 in. foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
In advance: Prepare board. Copy snowman pattern at 200%. Use pattern to cut foamcore board; wrap with foil. Also: Make about 150 spritz cookies. Bake and cool. Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, pipe lines across top of cookie; immediately sprinkle on nonpareils. Let set.
Arrange cookies on board. Tint fondant as follows: 3/4 in. ball orange, 7 oz. red and 6 oz. green. Roll a 1 in. high orange cone for nose. Roll out red fondant 1/2 in. thick. Using pattern as a guide, cut a curved cone shape for hat base. Roll?out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 2 x 9 in. strip and two 2 x 5 1/2 in. strips for scarf. Knead nougat candies to soften. Roll 5/8 in. diameter balls for eyes. Roll 3/4 in. diameter balls for buttons; flatten slightly. Roll a 3 1/2 in. long 3/8 in. diameter log for mouth. Roll a 1 3/4 in. diameter white ball for hat pompom; shape with fingers for textured look. Roll a 6 x 1 1/2 in. white log for hat brim; curve and flatten slightly.
Attach eyes, nose, mouth and buttons with dots of melted candy. Position hat base, brim and pompom on board. Position 9 in. scarf length; wrap over neck area. Use scissors to cut fringe on one end of each 5 1/2 in. length. Position for scarf ends.