Spritely Celebration Cake
Fondant features and licorice appendages animate fairy figures formed in our Brownie Pops 8-Cavity Silicone Mold. Fashion an equally fanciful fungus abode using a Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan cake and fondant details.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack (pink for skin tone shown, black)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Favorite brownie mix or recipe
Cake serves 27
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan
- 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set (2nd largest pan used)Easy-Add 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Brownie Pops 8-Cavity Silicone Mold Add to shopping list Brownie Pops 8-Cavity Silicone Mold
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Waxed paper
In advance: Tint all fondant and make flowers and wings. Tint fondant as follows: 20 oz. yellow; 18 oz. dark rose; 6 oz. light rose; 3 oz. each light violet, light orange; 1 oz. each dark violet, dark orange, red. Roll out 1/8 in. thick unless otherwise specified. Reserve any excess fondant.
To make fondant flowers, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut light rose, orange and violet apple blossoms (24 each) using cutter from set. Set on thick foam and cup centers using ball tool from set. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Pipe tip 2 dot centers in buttercream.
To make fondant wings, roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 6 wings using medium heart cutter from set. Let dry 24 hours on cornstarch-dusted board. Brush with Piping Gel; sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar.
Also in advance: Make brownie pop fairies. Bake and cool pops in silicone mold supported by Cookie Sheet. Cover pops with tinted fondant per instructions. Decorate using darker fondant shades and pink fondant from Natural Multi Pack. Attach pieces using fondant adhesive. For each figure, cut 3 strips 5 x 1/4 in. wide. Attach, trimming as needed to fit. Cut Lollipop Stick to 3 in. long. Roll 1 1/4 in. diameter ball heads. Insert stick and position in pop. Roll thin log mouth and tiny ball eyes and nose; attach.
For hair, roll out small amount of fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut various thin strips and attach for hair-dos. Shape bow from 2 triangles and center ball; attach. Cut licorice to 1 in. lengths. Insert for antennae and arms. Roll 1/4 in. diameter balls for antennae tips; attach. Roll 3/8 in. flattened balls for hands. Use knife to separate fingers; attach. Attach 2 dried wings to back.
Prepare base board. Using pan as a guide, cut 2 Cake Boards 1/2 in. wider than pan on all sides. Tape together and wrap with foil. Bake and cool 1-layer oval cake; ice smooth.
Bake and cool 2-piece cupcake. Cut 2 in. off top half; position base upside down. Prepare and cover with rolled fondant. Reserve excess yellow. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction, positioning house toward back of oval for 3 in. clearance in front.
Make and attach house trims. Roll out pink fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 12 rounds using medium cutter from set; attach to roof using damp brush, trimming as needed. Roll out black fondant from Multi Pack. Cut 2 windows (1 1/4 x 1 in. high) and door (2 x 3 1/4 in. high). Attach to house. Cut 1/4 in. wide yellow strips and attach around windows and door. Pipe tip 16 pull-out grass around house and bottom border. Position flowers. Position fairies.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shades shown.
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.