Springtime Baskets Mini Cakes
These bouquets transition from spring soirees to summertime picnics. Use fondant handles and flowers to turn cupcakes baked in Dimensions Multi-Cavity Mini Flower Basket Pan into posy-filled baskets.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (4 ounces for each treat)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Multi-Cavity Mini Flower Basket Add to shopping list Dimensions® Multi-Cavity Mini Flower Basket
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
In advance: Use tip 102 and royal icing to make 45-50 wild roses for each basket. Add tip 2 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry on medium flower formers. Also: Make fondant rope handle. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 4 oz. white fondant. Roll fondant into two 1/4 x 12 in. long pieces. Lay pieces together side by side and press together to join at one end. Holding the joined end stationary, twist other end to form rope. Form a curved shape 3 x 3 1/4 in. wide and let dry on board dusted with cornstarch.
Bake and cool cakes. Trim off ribbon and bow from cakes. Cover bottom half of cake with tip 7 basketweave. Attach top of cake with icing. Lightly ice top half of cake. Attach handle to cake with icing. Attach flowers to cake with icing and add tip 352 leaves.