Spring Awakening Cake
Pretty as an Easter centerpiece and just as tasty! This flower cake - including candy grass - will certainly cause a lot of oohs and ahhs to sprout.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Easter Colored Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Easter Colored Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
1 day in advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Cut tulips using cutter from set; cut off stems. Bake and cool. Use tip 3 to outline cookies with full-strength color flow icing; flow in with thinned color flow. Let dry 24 hours. Attach Lollipop Sticks to backs using melted candy. Let set.
Also: Make blades of grass. Melt candy and tint green, combining green with some yellow candy color. Using cut parchment bag, pipe individual tapered blades of grass on waxed paper-covered boards. Make 283 blades 1 1/4 in. long for cake top; make 456 blades 5 1/4 in. long for around cake. Make extras to allow for breakage. Chill until firm. And: Prepare base board. Cut 2 cake boards 7 1/2 in. square. Tape together and wrap with foil.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Ice smooth. Position on board or serving plate. Insert short blades of grass into cake to cover top. Chill cake and long blades of grass. Use melted candy to attach long blades of grass around cake, 26 per side and 4 rows deep. Work one side of cake at a time, chilling cake and grass as needed so melted candy will set up quicker. Insert cookies into cake, trimming sticks as needed.