Sprays of Color Cake
Everything is coming up daisies with this whimsical floral cake. Flower and Leaf Cut-Outs™ Fondant Cutters are the seeds to create the array of flowers.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 44.
- Petal Pan Set (12 x 2 in. used)Easy-Add Petal Pan Set Add to shopping list Petal Pan Set
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- 22 gauge florist wire
- Wire Cutters
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant flowers and leaves. Mix 8 oz. fondant with 2 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Tint yellow, rose, violet and green; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using Cut-Outs, cut 14 large and 21 medium flowers in assorted colors; cut 35 leaves using smallest cutter from leaf set. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut large flower centers using wide end of tip 2A, small centers using narrow end; roll into balls. Attach centers using damp brush. Let all dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Cut 20 wires each in 5 and 8 in. lengths; attach flowers and leaves using melted candy in cut parchment bag.
Ice smooth 1-layer round and 2-layer petal cakes; prepare for Stacked Construction. Pipe tip 3 ball bottom border around 6 in. cake. Tint 2 oz. portions of fondant blue, yellow, violet and rose.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut flower pots; attach to cake sides, curving to fit petals. Cut 4 1/2 x 1/2 in. strips for flower pot front rims; trim to fit and attach to edge of cake. Cut 4 1/2 x 3/8 in. strips for flower pot back rims; trim to fit and position on cake top. Decorate rose and blue pots with 1/4 in. fondant strips; cut to fit and attach. Decorate yellow and violet pots with small fondant balls. Roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick and cut circles with narrow end of tip 12; roll into balls and attach. Pipe tip 3 ball border between pots. Insert flower spikes in pots and cake top; position flowers. Trim wires to fit; use a bit of fondant inside spike as needed for support.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.