Cookie Sheets & Je…
Spooky Lost Souls Cookies
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Haunted Halloween 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Haunted Halloween 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Coupler Add to shopping list Coupler
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
Bake and cool cookies.
They will be decorated in two groups.
Place cookies on cooling grid over parchment-lined cookie sheet. One day before serving, make the following colors in royal icing. Make "spooky green" with Leaf Green/Lemon Yellow and a dot of Brown icing combination. Tint remainder of icing yellow, orange and black.
For group 1 cookies, thin down all icing to a pouring consistency; but save a small amount of black for piping details. To have face with eyes and mouth blend in, you must have both background icing and black icing the same consistency and work quickly. Pour background colors over cookies; tap grid to even icing. Use full-strength black icing in cut parchment triangle to pipe eyes and mouth; let dry overnight.
For group 2 cookies, pour background color icing to cover entire cookie; tap grid to even icing. Let dry overnight. Use tip 2 and full-strength black icing to pipe eyes and mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Let dry 4 hours.