Spook-tacular Skull Mini Cakes
These fondant-covered skull cakes will welcome your Halloween party goers with a toothy grin. Bake the shape using Dimensions 3-D Mini Skull Pan.
Spiced Applesauce Cakes Recipe (avaiable with pan)
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White-White Icing Color Add to shopping list White-White Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pure Lemon Extract Add to shopping list Pure Lemon Extract
Each treat serves 1.
- Easy-Add 8-Cavity DImensions 3-D Mini Skull Pan Add to shopping list 8-Cavity DImensions 3-D Mini Skull Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 9 in. Fondant Roller (purple guide rings used)Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Fondant Trimmer Add to shopping list Fondant Trimmer
- 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set (veining and dog bone tool used)Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Make mini cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool mini cakes. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Use spatula and icing to attach skull halves together.
Cover mini cakes with fondant. Prepare mini cakes to be covered with fondant. Tint fondant gray. Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cover mini cakes with fondant.Use veining and dog bone tools from set to smooth fondant into mini cake grooves. Use veining tool to add lines and wrinkles.
Decorate mini cakes. Use brush and black icing color and white Color Dust/lemon extract mixture to paint details on mini cakes.