Splash Bash Cookies
Dive into summer! Craft a swimming pool from a craft block, square cookies, and striped candy. Use the pool as a platform for showcasing bathing-suited cookies formed with a Gingerbread Boy Metal Cookie Cutter.
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
White hollow-center round candies
Striped candy sticks cut to 3 in. lengths
granulated brown sugar
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- 10 in. round x 2 in. craft block
- Blue plastic wrap
Tint 1/2 of cookie dough blue, 1/4 light copper and/or brown and a small portion yellow; reserve remaining dough.
Cut ten 3 x 3 in. pool side squares from blue dough. Using circle cutter and yellow dough, cut out sun.
Using boy cutter, cut out 8 children (make extras to allow for breakage). Thin reserved dough with water to a piping consistency.
Tint small amounts of thinned dough yellow, brown, black, orange, green, red, violet, pink and copper. Pipe tip 2 hair and bathing suits.
Add tip 1 eyes, noses, hair bows and mouths. Bake cookies.
Wrap craft block with foil. Position on foil-covered board. Use royal icing to attach cookie squares to pool sides and striped candy sticks between each square.
Cut and attach lollipop sticks in various sizes to backs of children with royal icing.
Attach 8 in. lollipop stick to back of sun cookie with royal icing; attach candy corn "rays" with royal icing.
Crumple pieces of blue plastic wrap and position in pool for water. Insert children and sun cookies in pool.
Sprinkle granulated brown sugar around pool base. Attach striped gum and hollow-center round candies to top pool edge with royal icing.