Spin a Scary Tale Cake
Pumpkins and spiders and webs, oh my! These cakes have just about everything you love about Halloween on them. Two-tier stacked cake is topped with a 3-D Dimensions Pumpkin Cake. There is excitement everywhere you look on this cake. Fondant spiders with top hats and others spinning their webs. All good Halloween fun.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
light corn syrup
Cake serves 113.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Nesting Pumpkins Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Pumpkins Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates (12 inch needed)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Bases Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Bases
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
In advance: Prepare 108 oz. of Chocolate Fondant; tint black. Tint white fondant as follows: 36 oz. violet; 12 oz. orange; 1 oz. green (reserve 1 oz. white).
Also: Make spider legs. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 6 oz. violet fondant for 24 legs. Roll 1/4 x 3 in. logs; bend at 1 in. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
And: Cover Cake Base with 24 oz. violet fondant.
Make fondant pumpkins. Roll out orange fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use 2 smallest cutters from set to cut 8 pumpkins in each size; use 3rd smallest cutter to cut 4. Cut off stems. Trim sides of largest pumpkins to make thinner version. Attach pumpkins around cake sides using damp brush. Pipe tip 3 stems; smooth with finger. Use tip 1 to pipe rib lines and to outline features; fill in features and pat smooth. Attach to cake sides and decorate.
Pipe tip 1 words and swirls on sides of both cakes. Pipe tip 5 bead border on 10 in. cake. For small spiders, pipe tip 5 body and pat smooth. With tip 1, outline and pipe in hats (pat smooth); add outline hat band and stripes, legs, hanging string, dot and string facial features.
Decorate pumpkin. Trim off stem and leaves; position on cut-to-fit cake board. Ice eyes, nose and mouth areas smooth; outline features using tip 3. Cover with tip 16 stars. Attach marshmallow to top for stem; cover with tip 16 lines.
Make globe spiders. Cut hidden pillars to 7 1/2 in. Use 12 in. plate to mark plate leg positions, then insert pillars into base cake. Cover globes with fondant for spider bodies, leaving openings for pillars clear; slide globes onto pillars. Roll out orange fondant 1/8 ?in. thick. For hat brim, cut a circle using largest Cut-Out; use pillar end to cut away center. Slide brim over pillar and onto spider. For top of hat, use a 1 1/4 in. ball of fondant; roll out, leaving top edge thicker. Brush pillar area with piping gel, then wrap around pillar and shape. Cut 4 x 1 1/4 in. long green strips and attach to hats with damp brush. Roll and flatten small balls of fondant for eyes, pupils and nose; attach with damp brush. Attach spider legs with Thinned Fondant Adhesive.
At party: position 12 in. plate on spider pillars; position pumpkin cake on top.
*Combine Orange with a little Red-Red for orange shown. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.