Spidey’s Bird’s-Eye View Cake
Stage an action sequence atop a Sheet Pan cake. Construct a city scene from fondant and add a ready-to-leap candy plaque formed in our Spider Sense Spider-Man Pan.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (200 oz)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set (red, blue)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
Garden Candy Color Set (black, violet)Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake Serves 54
- Easy-Add Spider Sense Spider-Man Pan Add to shopping list Spider Sense Spider-Man Pan
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 22 x 15 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make Spider-Man candy plaque. Make plaque using melted candy in cut parchment bags. Melt white candy; tint 18 oz. blue/violet (combine Blue and Violet candy colors for blue candy shown), 6 oz. black; reserve 4 oz. white. Fill in blue areas of design (no webbing). Tap to settle; chill until firm. Fill in whites of eyes and black spider on chest; chill until firm. Melt red candy; fill in plaque to 3/4 in. deep. Tap to settle; chill until firm. Unmold onto waxed paper-covered board. Use melted black candy to pipe webbing and figure details. Chill until firm.
Also in advance: Make buildings. Tint fondant: 18 oz. dark gray, 30 oz. light gray. Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to dark gray, 1 teaspoon to light gray. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Use patterns to cut 2 dark gray small buildings, 2 light gray large buildings. Let dry on cornstarchdusted boards. Using royal icing and tip 2, pipe building details; outline and fill in windows (smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch.
Finally in advance: Make bird. Tint 40 oz. fondant medium gray; add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut 2 birds. Position 2-layer bird on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut and remove eye socket, nostril and mouth area with shadow from top layer; fill in cut out areas using black royal icing. Replace cut out area from mouth. Use pattern to cut extra fondant pupil, cheek, eyebrow and collar; attach using damp brush. Use knife to imprint texture lines on cheek and collar. Pipe tip 2 outline details and shadow under cheek. Let dry.