Spiders Step Lively Mini Cake
This jaunty little fellow had his candy cordial top hat on and is ready to party. Made from mini jack-o-lantern mold body and legs are pretzels sticks dipped in candy and connected with spice drops. Hauntingly good party treats.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Purple Spice drops
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Silicone Mini Jack-O-Lantern Mold Add to shopping list Silicone Mini Jack-O-Lantern Mold
- Easy-Add Cordial Cups Candy Mold Add to shopping list Cordial Cups Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make candy hats and 6 pretzel spider legs per treat.
For Spider Legs: Cut pretzel sticks to 1 3/4 in. for top of leg, 2 in. for bottom of leg. Hold by end and dip in melted candy to coat; let set on waxed paper. Cut 1/3 off bottom of black spice drop. Push uncoated pretzel ends into spice drop top.
For Spider Hats: For hat top, pour melted candy into Cordial Cups mold. Let set, unmold. For brim, draw 1 3/4 in. diameter circles on paper; tape paper to cookie sheet and cover with waxed paper. Use melted candy in cut parchment bag to outline and pipe in circles. Let set. Attach top to brim with melted candy. Pipe lines using melted candy in cut parchment bag.
Bake and cool mini cakes; trim off stem and facial features. Lay flat on cooling grid set over drip pan. Use melted candy in cut parchment bag to cover top; let set. Turn cakes over and cover bottom and sides with melted candy; let set. Set cakes flat and pipe dot eyes, pupils and nose with melted candy; let set. Use warm knife to cut small holes near bottom for legs; insert legs, adjusting angles so spider will stand. Attach hat with melted candy.