Spider-Man’s Cityscape Cupcakes
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each Cupcake serves 1
- Easy-Add 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan Add to shopping list 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Spider Sense Spider-Man Party Toppers Add to shopping list Spider Sense Spider-Man Party Toppers
- Easy-Add Spider Sense Spider-Man Baking Cups Add to shopping list Spider Sense Spider-Man Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cakes 'N More™ 3 Tiered Party Stand Add to shopping list Cakes 'N More™ 3 Tiered Party Stand
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
2-3 days in advance: Make fondant buildings. Tint 6 oz. each light gray, dark gray, blue; add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Cut 3 buildings in each color: 2 1/4 x 4 in. high light gray, 2 1/4 x 6 in. high dark gray, 2 x 7 in. blue. Also cut 3 triangular supports (2 x 1 1/4 in.) in each color. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted boards.
Also in advance: Pipe royal icing windows. Use tip 1 and black icing. On light gray, pipe horizontal lines 1/2 in. apart; add 1/4 in. square windows. On dark gray, pipe horizontal lines 1 in. apart and vertical lines 3/4 in. apart; add 1/2 in. square windows. On blue, pipe vertical and horizontal lines 1/2 in. apart; add 3/8 in. square windows. Let dry overnight.
Finally in advance: Attach supports to backs of buildings using fondant adhesive.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice tops smooth. Position toppers in center of cupcakes. Use tip 1 to pipe straight lines extending from topper to outside edge. Add curved webbing between lines. Position buildings on stand and surround with cupcakes.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more