Spiced-Up 3-D Pumpkin Cake
There’s nothing better than the welcoming aromas of spice cake baking on a brisk autumn day. Our pumpkin spice cake is filled with buttercream icing and topped with a fondant stem and leaves. Poured Wilton Decorator Icing gives it the final touch.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Spruce Green Color Dust Add to shopping list Spruce Green Color Dust
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan
- Easy-Add 13 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 13 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Plastic ruler
- 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set (veining tool used)Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Prior to baking cake, grease and flour or use pan spray with flour to prepare pan. Follow directions for making Maple Spice Cake, filling pan cavities evenly, about 2/3 full.
After baking, let cool 15-20 minutes in pan. To release cake, cover top of pan with cooling grid; turn pan over for cake to release.
Tint icing orange. Use spatula and icing to ice bottom half; attach top half to bottom half.
Heat orange icing in microwave at defrost setting (30% power) for 20-30 seconds; stir. Repeat until consistency of icing will pour. Place in cut disposable decorating bag. Drizzle icing on the top and down the sides of pumpkin.
Tint fondant 1 oz. brown and 1 oz. green.
Make stem. Tint 1 oz. fondant brown. Roll into log, 2 in. long x 3/4 in. thick. Mold stem of pumpkin and bend slightly to resemble pumpkin stem. Use veining tool from set to make lines. Attach stem to pumpkin with icing.
Make leaves. Brush cornstarch into leaf of pan. Make a small ball of green fondant and press in pan to form leaf. Peel leaf out with knife. Repeat for each size leaf in pan. Dust veins with spruce green Color Dust.
Attach leaves to cake with piping gel.