Sparkling Snowfall Cake
Sweet and sophisticated! Pour-on ganache glaze provides the smooth, chocolatey backdrop for your white candy designs. A stack of candy snowflakes create the edible tree.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
hollow center hard candies
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add Snowflake Pan Add to shopping list Snowflake Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Nesting Snowman Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Snowman Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
In advance, make snowflake candy plaque by pouring melted white candy 1/2 in. deep in snowflake pan. Mold large petals of snowflake only. Refrigerate until firm; unmold into soft towel. Mold snowflakes for tree using nesting cutters- 3 of each size except mold 2 of smallest size. Place cutters on parchment paper-covered board; pour candy 1/4 in. deep. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Add vein designs to large plaque and tree snowflakes with melted candy in cut parchment bag. Mold 6 chocolate and 12 white vein pieces by piping melted candy in vein areas on outside of pan. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Ice 2-layer cake (3 in. high) lightly with buttercream. Prepare 2 1/2 recipes of ganache glaze and cover cake; let set. Place cake on foil-covered board; dowel rod cake where plaque will be postitioned. Pipe freehand snowflakes on sides with melted candy in cut bag, piping 3 intersecting lines with "v" shapes at tips.
Position candy plaque and chocolate vein insets. Position 6 white veins on cake between petals; attach 6 to plaque at petal intersections with melted candy. To assemble candy snowflake tree, stack largest to smallest snowflakes with 2 hollow-center candies between each layer, attaching with melted candy. Add 1 small snowflake on top layer; position the other upright.