Songbird Sonata Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
Non-toxic pastel chalk
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Petal Pan Set (12 x 2 in. used)Easy-Add Petal Pan Set Add to shopping list Petal Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Song of Love Cake Topper Add to shopping list Song of Love Cake Topper
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 44 inches 1/2 in. wide white ribbon
- Double-stick tape
- Tea Strainer
In advance: Make gum paste flowers and leaves. Divide prepared gum paste recipe into 4 ths; tint violet/rose combination, yellow, peach and green. Make 130 violet/rose forget-me-nots, 10 yellow pansies, 85 yellow apple blossoms and 50 small peach daisies. Roll out gum paste 1/16 in. thick. Cut flowers using corresponding cutter from flower making set; use smallest daisy cutter for daisies. Position forget-me-nots, pansies and apple blossoms on thick foam; cup centers using ball tool. Position daisies on thin foam; thin and lengthen petals with ball tool. Let dry on small flower formers dusted with cornstarch. Grate non-toxic chalk through tea strainer and brush on flowers. For 10 fantasy flowers, attach an apple blossom to center of 10 pansies with damp brush. Let dry in small flower formers dusted with cornstarch. pipe tip 2 dot center in all flowers. Make 65 green leaves. Roll out green gum paste 1/16 in. thick; cut leaves using leaf cutter from set. Position leaves on thin foam. Imprint vein lines with veining tool. Let dry on small flower formers dusted with cornstarch.
Ice 2-layer round and petal cakes smooth (for petal cake, bake two 1 1/2 in. layers to create a 3 in. high cake). Prepare cakes for stacked construction. Pipe tip 18 shell bottom borders. Position ornament.** On round cake, attach flowers and leaves around ornament and cascading down sides with buttercream. On petal cake, attach flowers and leaves in garland formation, 1 1/4 in. deep. Attach ribbon to cake base with double-stick tape.
* The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
** Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.