Soft Bouquet Cake
Salute the first rose of summer. Ice a tall torte with leafy green buttercream, add piped reverse shell borders and finish the late-spring still life with sprays of royal icing blossoms.
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Willow Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Willow Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Prepared 1-Layer Round Cake torted and filled to 3 inches high
Cake serves 10.
- Round Pan 8 x 3 inchEasy-Add Round Pan Add to shopping list Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Green cloth florist's wire
- Waxed paper
At least two days ahead of time use Flower Nail No. 7 and royal icing to make approximately 12 tip 103 white
wild roses with tip 2 yellow dot centers and approximately 10-12 tip 104 peach wild roses with tip 2 yellow dot centers.
Let flowers dry in flower formers. On four florist's wires, using tip 4 and green royal icing, make 4 bases to attach flowers. Attach 2 white and 2 peach wild roses to wires.
Pipe 6 tip 352 green royal icing leaves on florist's wire. Let dry.
Ice 1-layer cake smooth with green buttercream icing. Using green buttercream icing, pipe tip 17 top reverse shell and bottom shell borders.
Position flowers on cake and add tip 352 green buttercream leaves. Position wired flowers and leaves in flower spikes before inserting into cake.
Note: Willow Green and Leaf Green were combined to achieve green color used.