Soaring Spirit! Cake
Give this red, white and blue cake room to shine on your serving table. Top a two-layer cake with fondant fireworks raised high with Lollipop Sticks.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 16 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Silver Cake Base
Two days in advance, make fondant stars and letters for "fireworks". Tint 48 oz. blue, 18 oz. red, leave remainder white.
Roll out fondant and use Cut-Outs to make the following stars: 3 large and 4 medium in blue, 3 medium and 4 small in white.
Attach white stars to blue with damp brush. Cut red letters and attach with damp brush. Let dry 48 hours, reserving remaining fondant for cakes.
Thin a small amount of white fondant with a little water; attach stars to lollipop sticks.
Cut out medium stars in white; attach randomly to cake with damp brush. To make top drape, cut out a 16 x 7 in. piece of white fondant.
Roll out red fondant and cut 16 x 3/4 in. strips; attach to white piece with damp brush, spacing evenly. Lightly roll fondant to attach strips.
Position drape, starting in center of 6 in. cake and sweeping down and around to bottom. Gather into folds and pinch together at end.
For bottom drape, cut an 18 x 7 in. piece of white fondant and 18 x 3/4 in. strips in red. Repeat as for top drape and position. Insert star "fireworks".