Snowflake Ornament Mini Cakes
Create breathtaking three-dimensional snowflake ornament cakes. Made with Mini Ball Pan and Gift Tag Icing Decorations, they’re displayed on a candy circle base.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
solid vegetable shortening
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Silver Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Silver Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Pure Lemon Extract Add to shopping list Pure Lemon Extract
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Gift Tag Royal Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Gift Tag Royal Icing Decorations
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Decorative Press Set Add to shopping list Decorative Press Set
- Sharp Knife
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- 1/8 in. wide red and green ribbon
For each ornament holder and hook, tint 1/2 oz. of gum paste gray using black icing color. Soften portion of gum paste with shortening. Use Decorative Press with three-hole insert to make thin ropes. Cut to 3 in. lengths and shape into hooks. Reserve remaining gray gum paste.
Bake and cool cakes in Mini Ball Pan following pan instructions. Level bottom of cakes with sharp knife.
Place cake halves on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Cover each cake half one at a time with melted red or green candy. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Remove from cooling grid and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate to set.
Place circle cutter on non-stick cookie sheet and fill 1/8 in. thick with melted red for base. Refrigerate to set. Repeat with melted green candy.
Using reserved gray gum paste, roll 3/4 in. ball, flatten slightly. Roll 1/4 in. ball; attach to top of large gray ball with damp brush. Insert hook in top. Attach to ornament with matching melted candy. Paint holder and hook with silver pearl dust mixed with lemon extract.
Place snowflake pattern over ornament and use toothpick to imprint design.
Use tip 2 and melted white candy in disposable decorating bag to outline pattern. Chill to set. Use tip 4 and matching melted candy matching ornament to pipe dots around seams; chill to set.
Attach holder to ornament with matching melted candy. Hold in place and chill to set.
Use edible marker in icing decorations to print names on gift tags. Tie ribbon to tag and ornament.