Smiling Spruce Cookies
From a petite pan, a great treat grows! Use our Petite Tree Pan to bake these Smiling Spruce Cookies, which are covered with poured icing branches, then decorated with easy details and topped with a gum drop star.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Spice Gum Drops
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Petite Christmas Tree Pan Add to shopping list Petite Christmas Tree Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Waxed paper
Prepare cookie recipe and press into Petite Tree Pan cavities. Bake and cool following pan instructions. Unmold cookies from pan and place on cooling grid over a drip pan.
Thin green royal icing with water until it reaches pouring consistency. Cover cookies with icing; transfer to waxed paper-covered board. Let dry.
Decorate the following in full-strength royal icing. Pipe tip 4 ball eyes in white; add tip 3 dot pupils in black. Outline and pipe in tip 2 mouth in black; add tip 2 dot tongue in red (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 2 dot nose in green.
Roll out a spice drop on a flat surface covered with granulated sugar. Cut star shape using smallest star Cut-Out. Attach to cookie with dots of icing.