Smile All Around Cake
Put on a happy cake! With colorful confetti, streamers, party hats and festive faces made using SugarSheets! edible decorating paper, your basic round party cake becomes the ultimate blowout birthday showpiece!
- Easy-Add Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Bright Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Red Color Flame Candles Add to shopping list Red Color Flame Candles
Bake and cool 2-layer round cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice smooth with white buttercream.
For faces, use punch with largest Circle Cutting Insert to cut 8 circles from Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets! Draw eyes and smile using black FoodWriter. Attach to cake sides about 1/2 in. apart, in an up-and-down formation.
For hats, use Rotary Cutter to cut four each 1 1/4 in. high x 1 1/2 in. wide triangles from Bright Blue and Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! For brim, use Rotary Cutter to cut 3/8 in. wide x 1 3/4 in. long strips from matching color Sugar Sheets! Use knife to cut scalloped edge. For pompom, use wide end of tip 2A to cut circle from matching color Sugar Sheets! Use Rotary Cutter to cut triangle shapes on edge. Attach brim and pompom to hat with piping gel. Attach to cake sides.
For confetti, use knife to cut small pieces from Bright Yellow, Bright Pink and Bright Blue Sugar Sheets! Attach to cake sides.
For streamers, make curliques using 1/4 in. wide strips cut in various lengths from Bright Yellow, Bright Pink and Bright Blue Sugar Sheets! Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Position around cake.