Slick Chick Easter Egg
She’s come out of her shell to celebrate spring! Follow our online instructions to color the hard-cooked egg yellow, then add fun fondant details and candy eyeballs.
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Yellow Gel Food Color or
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (2 1/4 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- white vegetable shortening
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
each egg serves one
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Decorative Press Set Add to shopping list Decorative Press Set
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
Step 1Color eggs yellow. Let set.
Step 2Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 1/4 oz. fondant per egg. Tint 1/8 oz. yellow, 1/8 oz. orange, 1 oz. brown and reserve 1 oz. white for each egg.
Step 3Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use second smallest cutter from set to cut a 3 1/4 in. diameter circle for shell. Use knife to cut triangles on edge. Cut a v-shaped wedge in back and wrap around bottom of egg, securing with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 4For nest, add a little shortening to brown fondant. Use Decorative Press Set with 3-hole insert to press logs for nest. You will need 12 pieces, 9 in. long. Hold one set of ends together and twist, shaping a circle. Attach egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 5Roll out orange fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a diamond shape for beak, 3/4 in. wide x 1 1/4 in. high. Fold in half, keeping points apart; attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 6Roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use smallest leaf Cut-Out to cut hair tuft. Use knife to cut slits in top edge; separate. Cut bottom edge straight. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 7Attach candy eyeballs with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Draw eyebrows with black FoodWriter.
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community