3 Tier Pillar Cake…
Ski Scene Cookies
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Roll-Out Cookie Dough (4 batches)
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations
- Easy-Add Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Christmas Cookie Tree Kit Add to shopping list Christmas Cookie Tree Kit
- Easy-Add Christmas Tree Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Christmas Tree Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add 18 pc. Holiday Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list 18 pc. Holiday Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 15 Add to shopping list Tip: 15
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make cookies for stacked trees. Prepare and roll out dough; cut using cutters from Cookie Tree Set. For large tree, cut 2 cookies using each size cutter. For each medium tree, cut 2 cookies using each of 6 smallest cutters and 1 cookie using 7th smallest cutter. Bake and cool cookies. Also: Make cookies for other features. Prepare and roll out dough. Using cutters from 18 Pc. Set, cut 7 gingerbread boys, 2 snowmen and 4 trees. Cut 9 more trees to make 18 easel back supports; trim off tree trunks and cut trees in half vertically. Using Tree Comfort-Grip Cutter, cut 4 trees. Using pattern and knife, cut Upper Ski Slope; reverse pattern and cut Lower Ski Slope. Bake and cool all cookies.
Prepare fondant skis, ski poles and scarf ends. Knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 6 oz. white fondant. Divide and tint portions red, green, yellow, blue, pink and black. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. For each ski, cut a 3/8 x 3 in. strip. Cut front end to a V; curl over a lollipop stick and let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. For each ski pole, cut a circle using wide end of tip 12. Use lollipop stick to make a center hole. Let dry. Cut lollipop stick to 3 in. long; use thinned fondant adhesive to attach circle with 3/8 in. of stick extended through bottom. Let dry. For each scarf, cut a 1/4 x 4 in. strip; fold over for V shape. Cut 1/4 in. deep slits in ends for fringe. Let dry.
Assemble and decorate stacked trees using royal icing. Beginning with largest cookies and working up, build trees following package directions. Pipe tip 17 pull-out stars for branches. Sprinkle with Jumbo Nonpareils. Attach Jumbo Confetti with icing dots. Pipe tip 5 pull-out snow. Let dry.
Decorate standing cookies using royal icing. Cover larger trees with tip 16 pull-out stars, smaller trees with tip 15 pull-out stars. Sprinkle with nonpareils; attach confetti. Let dry. Use tip 5 to outline and fill in snowmen (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe hat and scarf with tip 4. Pipe tip 3 hat band and pull-out dot nose. Pipe tip 2 dot eyes, mouth and buttons. Let dry. Decorate skiers in assorted colors. Use tip 5 to outline and fill in faces, jackets and pants (pat smooth). Using tip 2, pipe dot eyes and nose, outline or dot mouth, C-motion ears on boys, dot cheeks on girls; pipe hair using curls, outlines and pull-out dots. Use tip 4 to pipe shoes. Attach ski poles to hands; pipe tip 3 gloves and tip 2 fingers over stick. Pipe earmuffs and hats with tip 3; add tip 1 outline and zigzag trims to hats and jackets. For neck portion of scarf, roll out reserved fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 1/4 x 2 in. strip; attach using damp brush. Attach matching scarf ends using fondant adhesive. Let dry. Attach easel backs using royal icing; let dry.
Prepare ski slopes. Use pattern to cut upper and lower ski slopes from cake boards; cover with foil. Using royal icing, attach ski slope cookies. Spatula ice to cover; build up outside edges using tip 12 then swirl with spatula. Let dry.
Prepare cake stand. Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick. To cover 10 in. plate, roll a 17 in. circle. Place a 12 in. cake circle in center as your guide; use knife to cut random snow "drifts" from 1 to 2 1/2 in. long. Transfer fondant to cover 10 in. plate, allowing fondant to drape down over sides. Repeat using 14 in. cake circle to cover 12 in. plate and 16 in. cake circle to cover 14 in. plate rolling fondant 5 in. larger then cake circles.
Assemble at party: Position stacked cookie trees on cake stand. Attach ski slopes with icing. Attach skis, then skiers, trimming easel backs as needed. Position standing trees and snowmen.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.