Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
Ski Bum Bear Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Sugar ice cream cone
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Paring Knife
- Drinking straw
At least one week in advance: Make skis using pattern and green fondant mixed with 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Make braces for inserting skis into cake.
Also in advance: Make ski pole baskets. Roll out red fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 2 circles using wide end of tip 1A. Make a hole in the center of circles using a lollipop stick. Let dry. Make hat: Trim off 1 in. from open end of sugar cone. Cover cone in red fondant. Set aside.
Bake and cool bear cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trim off arms. For new arms, cut 2 plastic dowel rods to 6 in. long; insert with 3 in. extending from cake. Ice pads of feet and inside ears smooth. Outline facial features using tip 5; pipe in nose with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). For front paws, shape 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. thick ovals of white fondant. Shape a finger area on each paw and wrap around a 1 1/2 in. piece of drinking straw. Insert a lollipop stick at end of each paw and insert stick into dowel rod arms.
Cover bear with tip 233 pull-out fur. For scarf, roll out red fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a strip 1/2 x 14 in. long. For fringe, cut slits in ends with knife. Wrap around cake. For tongue, shape a small log of fondant; indent at center and attach with damp brush. Use fondant to shape a 1 in. ball pompom and a 6 x 1/2 in. log for hat brim; flatten brim. Attach to hat with damp brush and position on cake. For ski poles, insert 8 in. lollipop sticks through baskets. Roll a thin log of fondant; wrap around stick, attaching to bottom of basket with damp brush. Immediately before serving, insert ski poles through straws in paws; secure with icing if needed. Insert skis on braces in pads of feet.