Skating Village Gingerbread Houses
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Mini Village Kit Add to shopping list Gingerbread Mini Village Kit
Green Candy Melts® Candy (1 package makes 12-14 trees)Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
Garden Candy Color Set (violet)Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Favorite rice cereal treats recipe (5 batches needed to fill 12 x 18 in. pan)
- Easy-Add Mini Gingerbread Boy Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Mini Gingerbread Boy Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Sapphire Blue Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Sapphire Blue Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
Non-stick pan spray
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Christmas Tree Pretzel Mold Add to shopping list Christmas Tree Pretzel Mold
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Waxed paper
In advance: Assemble and decorate village following package directions.
Make 6 candy trees in Christmas Trees Pretzel Mold. After unmolding, use melted candy and piping method to pipe zigzag snow.
Prepare figures. Cut 1/2 in. long slivers of jellied candy from village kit for skates on 7 figures; press to attach. For men in snow, pipe 1/2 in. line of melted white candy on cookie sheet; stand icing decoration in candy. Chill until firm.
Make candy pond and bridge. For pond: Prepare 1/2 cup melted very pale blue candy and place in cut parchment bag. Outline and pipe in a free form pond shape, approx. 9 x 5 in. at widest points, on Non-Stick Cookie Sheet. Chill until firm. Carefully lift and turn over. Brush smooth side with mixture of blue and white Pearl Dust. Move to waxed paper-covered board. Pipe 3/8 in. wide border on pond edge using melted white candy; immediately sprinkle on Sparkling Sugar. Chill until firm.
For bridge: Make bridge. Cut 1 x 3 in. strip of freezer paper. Pipe melted white candy on shiny side; smooth with spatula about 1/8 in. thick. Wait until candy begins to lose its shine (about 1 minute) then place inside large flower former (paper side down) to shape curve. Chill until firm then remove paper. Pipe white candy zigzag on edges; cover with Sparkling Sugar.
Prepare board. Tape two 13 x 19 in. cake boards together. Cover with foil.
Spray sheet pan with non-stick spray. Prepare cereal treat mixture and press firmly into pan. Immediately unmold onto wrapped board. Let cool. Spatula ice top with prepared whipping icing, shaping icicles down sides. Position pond; sprinkle Sparkling Sugar snow over top. Position houses, bridge and gingerbread figures. Use dowel rod to make holes for trees. Trim pretzels to various heights and position trees.