Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Skate Pan Add to shopping list Skate Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 3 1/4 cups buttercream icing
• Tint 1 1/2 cups rose (thin 1/2 cup with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Reserve 1 3/4 cups white (thin 3/4 cup with 3/4 teaspoon light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order:
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board. Ice sides and background areas smooth with thinned white icing.
Use tip 4 to outline tongue of skate with rose icing.
Use tip 10 to pipe in support under heel and under length of skate with rose icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Imprint medium star Cut-Out on skate and use tip 16 to fill in with stars with rose icing.
Use tip 16 to cover top and sides of skate with stars in white icing.
Use tip 10 to pipe laces on skate with rose icing. Pipe tip 10 balls at lace holes. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 4 bow.
Ice sides of wheels smooth with thinned rose icing.
Use tip 10 and pipe top of wheels using heavy pressure and rose icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 4 and pipe dot flower in center of wheels with rose icing.