Simple Violet Elegance Cake
Randomly placed gum paste violets add a dash of charm to this breathtakingly beautiful cake. Topped with a stunning bow, this cake is great for bridal showers, weddings, birthdays and much more.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Flower and Cake Design Student Kit Add to shopping list Flower and Cake Design Student Kit
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
In advance, make bow loops and circles with gum paste. Roll gum paste 1/8 in. thin and cut 12 loops 1 1/2 in. wide x 6 in. long. Attach open ends of loops with gum paste adhesive; let dry on loop sides. Cut 1 of each size circle, let dry on cornstarch dusted board.
Tint gum paste violet and use forget-me-not cutter from set to cut 44 flowers (make extras to allow for breakage). Place cut flower on thick foam and cup with ball tool, let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake and prepare for stacked construction. Ice in buttercream. Roll fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 4 strips 2 in. wide x 12 in. long and attach to sides of iced cake. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom borders on all cakes and tip 3 dots along fondant strips. Attach flowers with tip 3 dots of icing.
Assemble bow according to directions in course book (does this have a direct link) and position on cake top.
*Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown.