Silver Is Stunning Cake
We’ve used richly detailed silver accents and icing roses to give this classic fondant cake all the romance a 25th anniversary celebration requires.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 52.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 24 Add to shopping list Tip: 24
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add 25th Anniversary Petite Topper Add to shopping list 25th Anniversary Petite Topper
- Silver cake plate and Serving Tray
- Easy-Add 1 7/8 in. Wide Silver Artifical Leaves Add to shopping list 1 7/8 in. Wide Silver Artifical Leaves
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Cake Circle (14 inches trimmed to 13 inches)Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- stiff paper
In advance, using royal icing and flower nail, make 60 tip 103 roses with tip 8 bases. Make 200 tip 24 drop flowers with tip 2 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Trim 14 in. cake circle to 13 in., wrap with foil; this will be used under 12 in. cake to accommodate roses on bottom border.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction. Prepare and cover cakes with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Trace and cut out patterns on stiff paper. Lay triangle pattern at an angle on side of 12 in. cake and mark diagonal lines with tracing wheel. Continue marking angled lines, 1 in. apart, and then reverse pattern and mark lines in opposite direction to form squares. Align square pattern with marked top row of squares on cake, curl pattern over top of cake to continue the square design. Repeat marking procedure on 6 in. cake. Attach drop flowers with tip 2 dots of icing at each corner of square. Pipe tip 8 bead bottom borders in buttercream on both cakes.
Place cake on silver tray. Position ornament; attach roses and silver leaves with dots of icing.