Show Your Full House! Cake
Odds are that this sure-bet confection brings smiles to gamblers and onlookers alike. A Hexagon Cake Pan forms the poker table, which is topped with green-fondant felt that provides a colorful base for poker chips and winning hands cut from Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondant.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 17.
- Hexagon Pan Set 12 x 2 in. neededEasy-Add Hexagon Pan Set Add to shopping list Hexagon Pan Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 3 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 3 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add 12 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 12 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Hot Glue Gun
Tint 24 oz. fondant green, 2 oz. blue, 2 oz. red, 12 oz. black; reserve remaining white. Position 1-layer cake on double-thick cake circles trimmed to cake size.
Prepare cake for
rolled fondant; cover top with green fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick, cut two strips 19 x 3 in. wide and attach to cake sides and 1/2 in. over top edge with damp brush.
Blend edge into tabletop with rounded end of Fondant Smoother. Roll out white, red, blue and black fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 50 poker chips in each color using smallest Round Cut-Out™.
For 30-35 cards, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 3/4 x 1 1/4 in. rectangles using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser. Draw details on cards with FoodWriter™ markers.
For leg assembly, wrap 3rd cake circle, cut 1 in. smaller than cake, with Fanci-Foil. Cover four Grecian pillars with black fondant and hot glue to bottom of cake circle; let set. Position cake on top of cake board with legs. Position cards and poker chips.
*Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shown.